Maintaining a commercial pool is no small feat. You must ensure it remains pristine as it is a highly-favored amenity for patrons and guests. However, leaks are common in commercial pools, and they can strike at any moment. When they do, they will not only cause water loss but may also lead to substantial damage if left unattended. Keep reading to learn how you can find a leak in your pool and the importance of professional repairs.
Is Your Commercial Swimming Pool Leaking?
Detecting a commercial pool leak can be challenging because pool water naturally evaporates, and small fluctuations in water level are normal. However, if you notice a significant and consistent drop in your pool’s water level, it’s time to investigate. In some cases, you might observe:
- Inches of Water Loss: If your pool loses more than a quarter-inch of water per day, you likely have a problem. A pool can lose water due to evaporation, but a substantial loss is usually a sign of a leak. Our swimming pool water loss calculator can help you determine if your loss is normal or due to a leak.
- Constantly Running Pool Pump: If your pool pump seems to be running continuously, it may be working overtime to compensate for water loss caused by a leak.
- Visible Cracks or Damage: Inspect the pool surface, pool liner, and the area around the pool for visible cracks or damage. These can be telltale signs of a leak.
- Soggy Ground: If the ground surrounding the pool is consistently wet or soggy, it could indicate a leak in the pool structure.
Do-It-Yourself Leak Detection
While the issues mentioned above are common signs that your commercial swimming pool is leaking, they may not be present at all. However, this doesn’t mean your pool isn’t leaking. Before calling in the professionals for commercial pool leak repairs, there are some steps you can take to find out if you really have a leak in your pool:
- Conduct a Bucket Test: Place a bucket filled with water on the pool’s steps or ledge, making sure the water level inside the bucket matches the pool’s water level. Mark the water level in the bucket and the pool. After 24 hours, compare the two levels. If the pool’s water level has dropped significantly more than the bucket’s, you likely have a leak.
- Perform a Dye Test: To identify the exact location of the leak, use food coloring or pool dye. Squeeze the dye near any suspected cracks or damage. If the dye gets sucked into the crack, you’ve found your leak.
While these DIY methods may help you identify the presence of a leak, they don’t provide a complete solution. For effective and long-lasting repairs, it’s crucial to enlist professional help.
Why You Should Leave Repairs to the Professionals
Commercial pool leaks can be complex, often hidden within the pool’s plumbing, suction side, or pressure side. Attempting to address these issues without the proper knowledge and equipment can lead to further damage or ineffective repairs.
This is where LeakXperts comes in. Our team of experts specializes in commercial pool leak detection in Broward County, FL. With state-of-the-art technology and extensive experience, we can pinpoint the exact location of the leak, assess the extent of the damage, and provide efficient solutions to ensure your pool is leak-free.
We understand the urgency of addressing commercial pool leaks, as they can increase expenses exponentially and alter the pool’s functionality, circulation, and filtration. By choosing LeakXperts, you’re not only safeguarding your pool’s condition but also ensuring that your business can continue to offer a pristine swimming experience. Our professional services are designed to save you time, money, and the hassle of dealing with a commercial pool leak.
Let Our Experts Dive Into Your Pool Problem
If you suspect a commercial pool leak, don’t delay in taking action. A proactive approach will not only save you gallons of water and money but also ensure the longevity and reliability of your pool. Contact us today to schedule an inspection and enjoy a leak-free, well-maintained commercial pool that your patrons and guests will appreciate.